18 August 2010

First Date

So tonight was our very first date since before Piper was born. I didn't realize how much we truly needed some alone time to just reconnect and love on each other. I, of course, kind of freaked out before we left. She fell asleep in my arms and I was sitting there holding her and Justin came in to see if I was ready to go and I just burst into tears because I couldn't fathom leaving my baby. Sarah, mind you, has been in child care for over 10 years and works at the CDC and is certified and everything and still I was freaking out! And Amber was here and she knows all the tricks to calm her down too because she is home all of the time with me, and still I was freaking out! I now think that I am a little crazy but that is okay! I worked to hard to get pregnant then to get through that horrible pregnancy to just leave her. She is still so little! But I did it and it was so nice. We called one time to check on her about half way through dinner and then we even stayed for a good 45 minutes afterward to just sit and talk and reconnect. It was amazing how much we had to talk about that had nothing to do with Piper or Amber or work, just talking! Now he is sleeping soundly and snoring in our bed and I feel so rejuvenated that I can't go to sleep! Oh well, it'll come soon enough! I love my life and my marriage and I am so grateful to have such amazing people in my life to help out when I am in need and to push me to take some time for me and teach me that I have to put my marriage first! Nighty Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment